Preventing Electrical Fires
The most common cause of a fire either at a residential home or a business is electrical. Electrical fires happen all of the time and out of all of the fires we have received in the last two years only one was not caused by electrical. One of the most common causes of electrical fires is either having too many things plugged into an outlet or not having an extension cord that has a breaker on it or can handle all of the wattage plugged into it. Ways to prevent electrical fires is to distribute your wattage in each room across different outlets if possible. Another thing to help is if you have to use an extension cord, use one that has a trigger system to power down the cord before the surge reaches the outlet.